When homeowners initiate home improvement projects, they typically focus on the bathroom and kitchen. However, another important feature of the house that needs an equal amount of attention is your windows.
Over the years, your house undergoes natural wear and tear, and you might need a double hung window replacement. Replacing your windows with high-quality products will ensure that the energy efficiency, security, beauty, and comfort of your home are operating at an optimal level.
With all the popular window styles out there, it can be difficult to decide which one to choose for your next window installation.Vista Home Improvement offers the best replacement windows no matter what style or type you prefer. However, in this article, we will turn our focus on three of the most popular window styles: double hung, picture, and casement windows.
Double-Hung Windows for a Traditional-Modern Feel
This is one of the most common types of windows which features two large sashes that slide up and down on tracks. Although this type of window replacement has been used for decades in traditional-style homes, they also work very well with modern and contemporary designs.
Some of the benefits of double-hung windows include:
- Variety:Double-hung windows are a very common type of window, which means you have a wide selection.
- Cost-Effective:Affordability and high value
- Ease: Very, very easy to operate.
- Low-Maintenance:Easy to clean and maintain because the side tracks won’t fill up with dirt, unlike horizontal tracks.
Picture Windows for More Natural Light
If your priority is getting more natural light to come in, picture windows are recommended. This type is characterized by a large pane that allows you to get a good look at the outdoors, however, the window is non-functional in that it doesn’t open or close.
Picture windows are best to install wherever a scenic view of the outdoors would work well. Consider installing one on a high wall across from a staircase, or in the kitchen to enjoy a bit of nature while cooking. Picture windows also work very well in bathrooms (especially if it is located in an area that is private) to give you a unique spa-like experience while bathing in the comfort of your own home.
Some of the advantages of picture windows include:
- Visibility:Gives you an unobstructed view of your outdoors.
- Natural Light:More natural light can come in.
- Efficiency:Save energy costs.
- Low-Maintenance:Easy to clean and maintain because they are just large windows with no pane supporters.
- Simple Operation:No moving parts, you only have to repair the pane once it cracks.
Casement Windows for Catching Cooling Breeze
Casement windows are characterized by windows that can be opened horizontally on hinges that are mounted on one side at the top and bottom. One side of the window pivots like a door, while the other side remains stationary. Compared to double-hung windows, they have a more modern appeal and can be effective for directing breeze into the home.
Some of the advantages of casement windows include:
- Insulation:Casement windows can be effective in preventing drafts because the windows seal tight.
- Ventilation:Excellent for ventilation and catching breezes.
- Safety:Better security because the open space is narrow even when it is completely open.
The Most Reliable Contractor For Your Window Installation and Replacement Needs
The quality of the product is not the only factor that affects the success of your project. You also need reliable professionals who can expertly install your window replacement. If you are looking for the most reputable contractor in Springfield, MA, contact Vista Home Improvement today.
Since 2008, we have been providing window, gutter, siding, door, roofing, and bathroom improvement services. Committed to excellent service and intent on achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction, we have obtained an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and have been a multi-year winner of Angie’s List “Super Service Award”.
If you want to learn more about what we can offer and the different financing options available, call us today or fill out this quick online form to request for a free in-home estimate.